California-based environmental engineering company RMC Water and Environment was founded in 1998. Focusing its services exclusively on water management, the company has been ranked in the Top 500 Design Firms and Top 200 Environmental Firms by Engineering News-Record every year since 2007. RMC Water and Environment stands as a recognized leader in water resources, integrated water supply planning, and recycled water planning.
Fresh water is a precious natural resource. Conserving it helps the environment and helps consumers cut costs. Here are some habits to build into your routine that will help save water every day:
– Capture water from the showerhead in a container while waiting for water to reach desired temperature, and save it for use in the garden or to water houseplants. Limit showers to four minutes.
–Turn off the tap while brushing teeth.
– Scrape leftover food into the compost or trash instead of pre-rinsing. Wash dishes by hand with a small amount of dish soap. Then, instead of rinsing dishes under running water, use a container or sink of clean water.
– Check taps and toilets for leaks and keep in good repair.
– Use a few inches of water in the sink for rinsing a razor, instead of shaving in the shower or with running water.
– Water plants in the early morning hours, and use mulch in garden beds to prevent evaporation.